If you (the "User") do not agree to the terms, do not access or use the Services.
Information We Collect And Receive
We collect data in three different categories:
- User Information.For visitors who use our Services, we may collect the following information. None of this information is collected automatically, you must choose to provide it.
- Email Addresses.Users may optionally choose to provide their email address, which we store on our servers. We will never sell your email address.
- Third Party Accounts.Users may choose to link third party accounts like Steam, Battle.net, Twitch, Discord, Twitter, etc. In this case, we store the identities and related metadata for those third party accounts.
- User Submitted Content.Users may choose to submit original content like forum threads, comments, profile customizations, and other user created or submitted content. We collect and store this information on our servers.
- Customer Information.For Users who pay the Company for services (the "Customer"), we may collect the following information. None of this information is collected automatically, you must choose to provide it.
- Email Addresses.Customers are required to provide their email address, which we store on our servers.
- Payment Data.Customers must provide their name, payment method and related payment datails. Additionally, we may receive your IP address, transaction identifiers and metadata as part of completing your purchase. We use PayPal and Stripe to process payments and never process or store your credit card or bank information on our servers.
- Other Information.We collect additional information, generally less sensitive and often not personally identifiable, some of which is collected automatically.
- Service Usage Data.With the help of third parties like Google Analytics and Quantcast we automatically collect visitor usage data. This may include your IP address, location, device and browser type, demographic information, or similar information, as well as a record of the pages or screens you visit. This data is anonymized and not connected to your specific account. You can opt out of the collection of this data by enabling the do-not-track setting in your browser.
- Service Logs.As with most websites and applications, our services automatically collect information when you access the Service. This log data may include your IP address, the address or location of the requested web page, your browser type and settings, the date and time of the event, and data from your user session (such as your session identifier).
- Email Messages.For users who choose to send us email (such as for customer service, media or business development inquiries, or other purposes), we retain a record of the conversation including your email address and messages.
- Chat and Social Media Messages.For users who interact with us on social media or chat services (like Twitter or Discord, respectively), we may retain a record of those communications including your service identity and messages.
- Aggregated and Anonymized User and Customer Information.We may aggregate and anonymize the data stored as User Information and/or Customer Information and use the aggregate. Data in this form cannot be used to identify you or your usage of the Services. For example, we may aggregate User data to count the number of visitors who have linked their Twitch account.
How We Use Information
We use the information collected for the following purposes:
- To provide, update, maintain, and operate the Services.We use User, Customer, and Other Information to provide customized features for you on the Services. We may use other information to improve website performance and resolve problems with the Services.
- To develop and provide additional features on the Services.We use User, Customer and Other Information to aide in making decisions about the future of the Services, such as making improvements or creating new features.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions.We use User, Customer, and Other Information to aide in the resolution of support tickets for purposes of customer service or business development.
- To send emails and other communications.We use User and Customer Information to send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services or important Services-related notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about the Services. These are marketing messages and you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters.We use User and Customer Information to to contact you for billing, account management and similar reasons.
- For business development purposes.We use Other Information to aide in the growth of the business of the Company.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
- For other purposes as required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
How We Share and Disclose Information
We may share the information we collect according to the following guidelines:
- Public Display on the Services.We may display User Information to other users of the Services. For example, by authorizing and linking your Discord account, we may show it to other visitors.
- Private control of your User Information.We may display your User Information to you. For example, we will show your account information on an account settings page where you can make modifications to your account.
- Private control of your Customer Information.We may display your Customer Information to you. For example, we will show your billing and payment information on a settings page where you can view and make modifications to your subscription.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners.We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process data to support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing, storage, payment, help desk, bug tracking, or other related services. We may share Other Information with these third parties, and we make a conscious effort to share the minimum amount of data possible with each third party service.
- Corporate Affiliates and Partners.We may share Other Information with corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries. If the Company engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of the Company's assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all data may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data.We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified account, usage, and log with prospects or partners for business or research purposes.
- Upon Request.We may share or disclose User Information in accordance with the instructions of the User, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- To Comply with Laws.If we receive a request for information, we may disclose User, Customer, or Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety.We may use data to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of the Company or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent.We may share data with third parties when we have consent to do so.
We may retain User, Customer, and Other Information for as long as necessary to aide in delivery of the Services. Users may control which account data we collect, and may remove existing User Information by de-authorizing third party services. In the case you are unable to remove existing account data yourself, we will anonymize or remove other account data upon request.
We take security of data very seriously and work hard to protect Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, we cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, the Company does not allow use of our Services by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will takes steps to delete such information.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact us for additional access and assistance.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.